Newell Rubbermaid is a global marketer of consumer and commercial products that touch the lives of people where they live, work and play. We are committed to building consumer and commercial Brands That MatterTM while leveraging the benefits of being one company: shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation. Our globally recognized brands include Sharpie, Paper Mate, DYMO, EXPO, Waterman, Parker, Rolodex, IRWIN, LENOX, BernzOmatic, Rubbermaid, Graco, Calphalon, Goody, and Teutonia.
This is a job summary which includes essential job duties of the position. More specific information regarding duties may be provided upon request for particular locations and facilities.
The Senior Product Development Engineer will lead the design efforts for technically challenging new product initiatives and existing product improvements while ensuring that product launches are timely, within budget, and within specification. The Senior Product Development Engineer will develop innovative new products for the Graco Home & Nursery Care group that meet the customer demands, quality and financial requirements. This will require a good understanding of engineering principles including strength of materials, statistical analysis, and structural design and manufacturing methods. The position will require the ability to work effectively with other disciplines to include Marketing, Industrial Design, Quality, Supply Chain and domestic and international Manufacturing.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering or related field
- 5-10 years of design and product development experience
- Design experience with materials to include plastics, wood, metals, fabrics and/or finishes
- Strong CAD skills (2D & 3D) with Pro/Engineer Wildfire; advanced Pro/E Surfacing, FEA and mechanism skills are desirable
- Strong understanding of structural product design
- Extensive experience with plastic, metals and/or fabric manufacturing processes
- Experience working with low-cost country manufacturing, preferably Asia
- Strong planning, organizing, leadership, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Good understanding of Manufacturing and Supply Chain functions
- Ability to promote a team environment and work well within a cross-functional team
- Business acumen
- Consumer Products Industry Experience
Newell Rubbermaid and its Business Units are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.